Security measures have dramatically tightened due to a serious threat to international aviation security. In response, the Department of Homeland Security has elevated the Homeland Security Advisory System for all international flights and all domestic commercial aviation.
Effective immediately, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has implemented the following changes:
- No liquids or gels of any kind will be permitted in carry-on baggage. All of these items must be in checked baggage. This includes all beverages, shampoos and conditioners, lotions and creams, toothpaste, hair gel, and all products of similar consistency.
- The only exceptions are baby formula, prescription medication, insulin and other essential non-prescription medicines. Labeled prescription medications must carry the same name as the ticketed passenger.
All travelers from the United Kingdom to the United States will be subject to more extensive screening processes. The following apply to all passengers departing from all UK airports and to those transferring between flights at all UK airports:
- All carry-on baggage must be processed as checked baggage.
- Passengers may take only the following items through airport security in a single plastic bag:
- Pocket-size wallets and pocket-size purses plus contents (no handbags)
- Documents essential for travel (passports, tickets)
- Prescription medication and medical items essential for the flight
- Glasses and sunglasses without cases
- Contact lens holders without bottles of solution
- Baby food, milk and sanitary items needed for the flight
- Unboxed tissues and/or handkerchiefs
- Keys without electronic key fobs
- All passengers will be hand searched. Their footwear and all items carried will be screened.
- All passengers boarding flights to the United States and all items carried will be subject to secondary screening at the boarding gate.
Please click on US Department of Homeland Security link below for the most current and detailed information: http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/index.jsp
Evidentemente, la maquinaria del terror ya está puerta en marcha, así como la restricción de cada vez más libertades en aras de la propia libertad, un auténtico contrasentido. El nuevo terrorismo ya está entre nosotros y es más peligroso que el terrorismo convencional, ése del que dicen nos protegen. Que se preocupen de sus propios culos.